Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Continued

Here's another funny thing...I went to class today, 3/19, and my students were so funny! It is finally getting warm here (I've been wearing my coat in class all this time). As I was taking off my coat, because I was warm, I hear this audible gasp from the class. I look at the class and they are all looking at me! I was like 'What?' they just smiled and didn't say anything. I figure I must have something on me so I wipe my face and check my clothes but I'm pretty sure I didn't, because the Chinese are so very kind and would let me know if I did. Anyways, I brushed their reaction off and taught my class ('cause I had no idea what was going on). For my second class, I got everything all set up and as I took my coat off, the class gasped again. "Okay, what is going on?' But nobody says anything....so I decided it had to do with either my coat or my shirt I had on...I just couldn't figure out what. I'm thinking, 'hello?' 'It's just me...nothing is different'. I'm not understanding what they are reacting too. Oh well.

Ok, so for my last class, I get the equipment all set up and take my coat off as well (I've been bringing in audio equipment to play a song on CD for my classes...and it is a workout to climb 3 flights of stairs carrying all the equipment...I don't have a CD player in case you were wondering). Well, as soon as I took off my coat, there was this BIG audible gasp from my students...just like all my other classes! So I put my coat right back on and decide it had to be something I was wearing. And of course I am really self conscious by now! 'What?!? Why are you all gasping? What is wrong with me?' I asked them. Some of the girls finally say...'It is because you are soo beautiful!' I start laughing and shake my head and now I DO feel a little self conscious! All during class some of the students were holding up cell phones and I realized they were trying to take my picture! Hahaha! Didn't know you had a celebrity for a friend, eh? LOL! It just makes me laugh! Even now! (If truth be told, I think it's just the fact that I am a foreigner and some people have never seen a foreigner in person before. But I'll just keep pretending in my own little mind that I am beautiful and a celebrity. It makes me feel good. lol.)

1 comment:

Susan Litster said...

Hey girlfriend, what adventures you are having! And don't sell yourself short, you are beautiful and I'm glad the people over there appreciate it and show their appreciation. Just keep on dazzling them!!! I really miss you. Susan