Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Apartment Kitchen

Well, here is a picture of my kitchen. That would be my refridgerator, microwave & washer on the right. On the left are two counter tops (the one contains a stove - which you can't see very well) and my storage space. It's very small. It's really not that bad. It just takes a little bit to get used too. Everything is tile, the floors, the walls, etc. so the sound travels very well (I think I might start a music studio with the accoustics here). haha. Or maybe just try to improve my musical abilities...which are about nil right now.
I taught my first class Monday morning. There were about 35 freshmen and the classroom was freezing! (They don't have heat in this building!) So everybody comes bundled up. I hoping the weather gets warmer soon! Each class is about 2 hours long with a 10 min. break. We spent the classtime introducing each other - I'm told the first thing to do is get to know their English names because nobody volunteers here. I don't teach again until Saturday morning (I'll be getting a new schedule this weekend with - hopefully- more classes). I discovered that I talk too fast for them and I have to speak slower. oops! I was probably just really nervous (I can't understand why).
I hope you can all view this blog. For some reason, I can't view it or read any of the comments. I can write and add to it, but nothing else. Oh wells.

1 comment:

fyrfytrdad said...

Hi Sariah,
Well here I am, hopefully I've got this blogger thing figured out.
Nice pictures! A Wal-Mart in China, who'd have thought? A sign of civilization? I guess those chicken scratch looking things are Chinese. You'll have to let us know how hard it is to learn. Interesting statue! What is it?
Your apartment doesn't look too bad, it has almost all of the conveniences of home, a microwave! How big is it? Do you have room for a desk and chair to eat & read at?
We think of you often.
Dad