Thursday, July 3, 2008

Beijing, China

Okay, I'm finally posting photos of my trip to Beijing on June 5-9, 2008.

The next pictures are the Great Wall of China! There is a saying in China that you are not a great man until you have walked on the great wall. I am a Great Man!! The day was really foggy (or polluted, we weren't quite sure which one it was) so my pictures did not turn out really well. But at least I got to see the Great Wall! I told the rest of my group all I wanted to do was walk on the Great Wall. I did!! I can now cross that Wonder of the World off my list of places to see! )hmmm....I wonder if I can make it to the Taj Mahal or the Great Barrier Reef before coming back home...)
My friend Gayle. I would often stay with her when I went to Qingdao.

The unrestored portion of the Great Wall.

When I showed this photo to my students, they all gasped! They thought I was crazy for sitting on the wall. "You could have fallen!" they all said. Haha. I love to get reactions from them. Sometimes I take random pictures to show them, just to see their reaction. haha. It's great!

Tiananmen Square - Everybody has to have a picture in front of Mao. The next few pictures are of the Forbidden City. It has a total of 9,999 rooms...many of which I did not go in....even though I walked around there all day long. That place is HUGE!!



1 comment:

tiare said...

WOW! that is soooo cool! just think of the cool video you could put together to cherish the memories. i'm slightly jealous!!!!