Saturday, July 5, 2008

Random pics around Weifang

Here's some pictures around Weifang. Check out the ladder below. It's made from bamboo. It's pretty impressive!

Eating melon-on-a-stick. They like to sell things on a stick here. It cost me 1 yuan (thats about 15 cents in US money for those of you wondering). Yummy!!
A man pulling a cart full of garbage. Common sight around here. I'm starting to get used to seeing things like that here.
Three of my sophomore students: Blanche, May, & Vera. I am going to Tai'an with Blanche June 5-10. She is going to show me around her hometown and to meet her parents...and neighbors...and friends...and anybody else who gathers to see a foriegner (she's forewarned me). :) I'm really excited!!

People buying watermelon. This is how I buy my watermelon; actually most of my fruit and vegetables. Notice the scale in front of the girl with the purple umbrella. My last watermelon this size cost me about 3 yuan (less then 50 cents). I love buying food here in China...even if just for the experience of it all!

1 comment:

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

i would go to china only to buy watermelon for 5o cents. here its 5-6 bucks. no wonder they pay you so little cause food is so cheap.